*All screenshots are from public posts
*Click screenshot to expand
For those asking over the past few days, wtf happened to start these mob attacks on me: Well...I'm not entirely sure, because they sort of came out of the blue. There's a general rift in left-leaning atheists and right-leaning atheists. And 'right-leaning' is seen as some sort of slur, when it's just an observation based on the politics coming from some of these types. If you're anti-left on everything, and rarely ever anti-right...it says something. Especially today. Oh - and there's no gold star for seeing the most obvious flaws on the right, like Trump or Alt Right nationalists.
However, this split continues to become more pronounced in these times of the rising far right. While lefties are looking to focus some of their criticism there, others are trying to resist and silence that criticism.
Then, someone upset him further by saying that people using that term while criticizing Islam are usually bigots. OMFG the B word!! We have to be extra PC with that word, so as not to upset the delicate sensibilities of the anti-PC, anti-sjw crowd, why can't everyone know that!!
And I'd agree, people insisting on using that word are usually pretty loony...(as was proven in this case).
I've got news, Muslims can lie without any special religious permission. Just like any other theist.
They aren't religious robots & this isn't a widespread muslim conspiracy to deceive people. It's a niche concept that most aren't even aware of. And I mean, there's just so much actual terrible stuff that is commonly practiced in Islam (polygyny for one) to criticize anyway, there's little reason to cling defensively to obscure things like Taqiya.
Here's another ex-muslim perspective on this:
Fossa was also upset I wrote something (to someone else, not him) about how pointing to ISIS is a great whataboutery tactic for apologists of the western right. Just point to ISIS, it'll always be worse, and you're off the hook.
That's it two strikes for me, and he decided he wanted to disprove my entire background and lived experience. This way, you know, once I was totally discredited...at least he'd know I was wrong about the concept of Taqiya, and he was right!
Trying to prove me dishonest, after being upset I didn't confirm his views on a dishonesty concept in Islam....almost like...trying to prove me a taqiya-er. How taqiya-esque.
|Yeah. I'm sure it does take a little more than a bio, |
maybe like years and years of work of criticizing Islam, that are useless
now apparently because I also criticize the Western right.
These criticisms can't get any less intelligent, honestly.
Then...of course, Lalo - always on the lookout for jumping on any criticism of me, Joined in and helped to float the conspiracy theories to a larger audience (who knows why - I've barely interacted with the guy in ages...he's still always infuriated with me). And then Yasmine, who, it seems, had it out for me since we had a private falling out during Gad's last unhinged meltdown at me.
Because she, as my friend, publicly tweeted how those attacking me, and me were equally 'embarrassing' or something. I tried to privately discuss it with her, she deleted her tweet I believe, but it was clear she wasn't too sympathetic to the attacks on me because, she tweeted I was equally embarrassing..and because I criticized Gad/Rubin's far-right associations in the first place. People she clearly considered allies. I was pretty disappointed and put off, but my reaction was not to go out and slander her. I just silently disengaged and went about doing my own thing, which still included criticizing Gad and Rubin's shady associations.
Of course, silly me. I didn't learn or keep my mouth shut after the last round of baseless attacks. Lalo even tried circulating the 'she's not a real ex-muslim' thing that time, but I think it got lost in Gad's endless stream of hate.
Then months later, this happened. This time Lalo got more traction.
The Nitty Gritty
Gather round peeps, I’m gonna share a really absurd tale about supposed ex-muslim allies, supposed critics of sjw style 'oppression olympics' and sjw ideological purity tests…but who are now furious because an ex-muslim they disagree with ideologically/politically in their minds was not oppressed ENOUGH.
They don’t understand the first thing about life in Saudi, none of them have lived there.. but are telling others far and wide what my life experience was like. They are giddy from having ‘exposed’ me, caught me out in some lie about the duality of life in Saudi Arabia as an expat. They've been working hard for this one.
|Great question indeed. Maybe try checking out the work of the person you're accusing, |
your question might be addressed in
the very episode you're clipping.
(click to enlarge)
But they’ve backed themselves into a corner now… the only thing they can do is double down and lash out at me…Not admit they made a mistake or something, and were wrong to accuse me based on zero evidence. That would be the decent thing to do.
|A lovely summary from the 'detached-from-reality' point of view, calling me an insult to women and ex-muslims suffering under sharia, this was posted on lalo's public thread.|
|(click to enlarge)|
Why they did this appalling thing, and insisted on it even after being told how it could be both...is beyond me.
|Lol, cuz growing up in Saudi in a compound is TOTALLY like vacationing in the nicest hotel in Havana for a few months.|
|Not good enough apparently.|
|Still not good enough.|
|Minus the *face* covering, both those pictures were my reality actually.|
Surely anyone with a shred of principle would object to random false accusations being used to smear someone. I mean these ‘principled' types are out in droves when someone slightly misrepresents Richard Spencer the nazi or Milo. “I don’t agree with their ideas but” just doesn’t extend over to ‘the wrong kind of ex muslim’ I guess.
|pic: via @vinikako|
@NiceMangos @AkiMuthali It struck me as I was writing it that the people who've been going after you lately seem to want to establish an orthodoxy for ex muslims.— Lefty Conspirator (@NoKnownFuture) March 31, 2017
I’m at a loss for words, honestly. I wouldn't have expected stooping to this level.
Though, things got a bit weird with her after Trump won, she was overly defensive about criticism of Trump voters. Since then, I’ve seen her compare DNC/Keith Ellison situation to Nazi Germany… in this TRUMP ERA
… I’ve seen her rejoice at the GOP winning….
|I'm happy to call out Linda Sarsour for this. But this is the same issue I take with Dave Rubin, |
he is masquerading as a liberal or at least pushing / doing apologetics for right wing conservativism, imo
- And some people obviously prefer if you call out only *one* side of this.
But sadly not only do they prefer it, they go after you in mobs,
and try to discredit your entire being for speaking up on both.
@NiceMangos @AkiMuthali @SurlyCripple @StrictlySid unless you've lived under locally-sourced artisanal sharia, I don't want to hear from you— Martin Mannion (@NataliasDad) March 30, 2017
|So being forced to wear a hijab can be oppressive even in Canada (I agree).|
But being forced to do so by the state in Saudi is just 'dabbling in oppression'...like life in a 5 star resort!
It's baffling, it is.
Heck if I thought that way, I’d never have left Islam. (But have I really? how will we ever know?)
And remember, I'm the one supposedly with 'mental' 'delusions of grandeur' about people having to align 100% to my views for me to like them.
So - in retaliation for my evidence based criticism I get smears based on nothing…and some onlookers think this is a tit for tat. It’s being framed absurdly, as an equivalence. Which I will object to every time.
|Lol, I'm the monster for objecting to what Rubin does.|
Not Rubin, for promoting rape apologists.
|And, this is the passionate defense Rubin gets..that doesn't even|
engage with the criticism of him. It's not who he has on, but how he talks to them.
|Yes, my cunt-like overreaction after days of being dragged through the mud, consisted|
of me simply saying its 'bullshit' to equate me with the people smearing me.
And not to tag me in such tweets again.
as this very group of people think their criticisms of Cenk, Reza, Linda, CJ Werleman are.
The attacks on me are however are just pure hate…disagree with my actual views any time. I'd welcome honest disagreement, but don’t lie about me ffs. As Lalo says:
This is the community that is constantly, (rightfully) upset at Ayaan being silenced for her harshly critical views on Islam, but won't really care if some from within are trying to silence ex-muslim views on the internal problem of legitimizing western far-righters. If you care about ex-muslims and muslim women's rights so much...you should technically care if the people potentially mistreating them are muslims or western far righters.
On paper many will have the correct answer to opposing the right wing hijack of criticism of Islam, but putting that into practice, gets met with resistance and character assassinations as you can see.
Let's stick to the important facts though, it's the left that's always at fault. Misrepresenting even people like Richard Spencer. He's not a white supremacist, silly lefties, he's a white nationalist. Imagine the response at someone being this pedantic about Islamists.
Rubin and Lauren Southern talk about how Spencer isn't really a white supremacist and no one knows the arguments against white nationalism pic.twitter.com/h0y06Uur4T— Tom Bloke (@21logician) March 2, 2017
|I'm sure she has no troubling views or anything.|
|Lol, in this instance its not her, but others are clearly using it to get her on yet another|
wonderful, totally liberal show with no history of far right support.
- I said Yasmine was pandering to the Right and said she was an opportunist for using this specific instance to get airtime on Rubin. - provable through her own tweets, fb posts. Like seriously…she can go around discrediting my entire existence, post memes about me dabbling in oppression to be cool or something, and I can’t even in response point to actual behaviour I’ve observed, that might explain why out of the blue she chose to do this? As someone who promoted her, I think I can safely say she used me and my platform and publicly discarded me when she had no more use for me. I can’t even begin to fathom what kind of ex-muslim would say ‘she dabbled in oppression’ about another.
- I criticize Rubin, Gad and Douglas Murray - only ever based on what they actually say/endorse..not on personal attacks. Though Dave and Gad have tried to retaliate via personal attacks. I welcome disagreement with my views, and have offered to speak to them many times. But they avoid engaging with my actual criticisms and avoid discussion.
- I say Dave and Gad pander to the right - how is this even controversial? "Mr. Why I left the left, let me work with Dennis Prager on how shitty the left is", and "Mr. 'Trump has the superior position on Islam', and 'let me get Geert Wilders on my show to piss of Eiynah'"
- I’m divisive - sure only as divisive as anyone pointing out Islamism is bad and apologists for it are bad.
- I deflect from criticism of Islam - um.. nope? Have u seen my work? I just object to people using Islam to deflect from criticism of the western right.
- I haven’t been oppressed enough. - Lol
- I have not had as hard a life as people who didn’t live in a compound in Saudi - agreed. Never claimed that I did, in fact always have made this distinction, if u only took the time to look into my work, listen to my conversations with Saudi women.
- My claim of growing up under sharia is untrue - Nope.
- I once said to someone in a Tweet i’ve only personally *met* about 3 niqabis - so I must not know much about oppression/Sharia. Er, no. Having personally *met* and sat down with very few niqabis doesn’t mean i didn’t grow up around them, go on the bus with them every day, see them in the market all around me, see them in every waiting room, community gathering etc, etc. I personally don’t have such a religious family, and we don’t personally know such extreme religious people. I’ve met a handful, and its really uncomfortable talking to people in a black mask. I’ve lived around them my whole life though, and probably had many insignificant interactions with them. But no, I just don’t *know* many is all.
- My ex muslim story is so dubious that even EXMNA had to reject me - Nope. Refuted. But not retracted, by Mr. Honesty himself.
- It was mean of me not to graciously accept Michael Sherlock’s public false equivalence of people who smear me and me, right in the eye of that storm. I said that’s bullshit, so its understandable he jumped to “You are the monster u revile” “You are a crazy cernovich conspiracist about Rubin” (yeah ok if u think cernovich is crazy, then u should have no problem with the fact that i think Rubin normalizing cernovich’s craziness, is crazy) and then “cunt” x 2. - I’ll say it again…what an asshole thing to do to a friend…I have not known Michael to be like this, so I’m wondering if he was abducted by aliens or something ? Or if my criticism of Rubin had been building up as some sort of anger towards me? I don't know.
- I’ve said before that in Saudi many of us weren’t aware of the extent of how barbaric some of the punishments were - like of course we heard about public beheadings and those rumours circulated, they weren’t publicly discussed or acknowledged in detail because…as any idiot would know, life in Saudi Arabia is a heavily censored in many ways. One of the most censored and silenced topics is the violation of human rights in Saudi. This doesn’t mean I have no experience living under sharia, it means this is one of the effects of living under sharia ffs. Information is kept from you in an Orwellian way. #NotShariaEnough indeed. Where else do you live under fear of morality police, think sneaking around with alcohol (moonshine) as a teenager could lead to death or deportation, where else are you forced into black bags without your consent? Where else do you live life as a woman knowing you are a second class citizen. That if you are potentially raped, there is no real recourse. Where else could you experience morality police canes?
- I once said this to a guy in very frustrating conversation, where not even this was as bad as sjws to him.
- I hate that Dave Rubin talks to controversial people - No. I’d be fine with his exact same guest list if he simply challenged these guests on some of their disturbing views, or if he at least made his audience aware of why these people are controversial in the first place. Instead it’s a nodfest. This is very harmful, especially in this political climate. And has visibly made the atheist scene toxic and overlap hugely with infowars /alt-lite/alt-right audiences. I actually really enjoyed David Pakman's interview with Richard Spencer. He did what Rubin pretends to.
- I'm just like a Muslim apologist who says non-muslims don't have a right to speak about Islam, riiiight. Because thats what I'm saying here (below). Doesn't matter that I've stood up for diverse opinions on Islam, multiple times, *Even non Muslim ones* (and this doesn't mean all opinions should be free from criticism). Just because I don't think Lalo's simplistic views are very relevant in the grand scheme, I'm somehow stifling his right to speak. Yeah, I totally want Sharia law in the west so no one can speak ill of the precious religion I left behind. The thing I've observed about Lalo is that he's not very knowledgeable, and it would greatly help if he had first hand experience at least. He wishes he could speak with the authority of someone with first hand experience on Islam...so he wants to discredit the people he hates, that do. I'm sure there are a lot of topics he could have interesting views about, things he has personal experience with. But he's rather obsessed with Islam...so here we are. Lalo can spend days spreading lies about me, and thats not a problem to Yasmine...but if I express an opinion on how relevant I think he is....I'm basically a Muslim apologist who wants Sharia law.
- I am somehow upset with Yasmine because she's more popular than me..haha. It certainly couldn't be that I decided I will no longer be silent about things I've observed about her, only *after* she contributed to negating my entire life story. Because those things might help to explain why she went after me like this. Also, last I checked I had quite a lot more followers, undoubtedly she'll get more if she goes the Rubin/Gad/Lalo route..but it hasn't happened just yet...so that too, is just false. I also said she was pandering to the soft right, not that she is right wing.
- Ok but with Brilliant arguments like this, they definitely got me here:
|Sadly this is the state of self proclaimed liberal twitter atheists, they resort to fox news tactics.|
And I'm not supposed to notice there's a problem.
Such a smeary cunt-monster cuck, Eiynah. And I bet you haven't learned your lesson yet, about staying silent on these things. I bet you think the resistance to this shows just how important this topic is to discuss. No ideas above scrutiny, freedom of speech, etc.
How about now? Will you be quiet now?
Thanks to those who stuck by me during the smear campaign. Thanks to those who are real friends, and thanks to those who support my work. New Patrons and old. Much love to you all.
If you'd like to support my work you can do so here